Friday, January 23, 2009

Moving Forward....


It's been a looooong, hard, and draining last two weeks, but am finally seeing "some' hope at the end of the looooong tunnel that I have yet to travel.

I am thankful for the love and support of my friends, family and my beautiful daughter; and more than anything...I am thankful that she is back in my life, and just in the knick of time.

It is true. Sometimes we're hurting so much that we can't see that God is guiding us in the right direction when he closes doors to us, because he always opens others and it just takes getting through the tears sometimes to open our eyes and see those doors he has opened before us, and then we must pray for the courage and strength to walk through them.

There is still a long, hard path to travel with my son and his "first stages" of addiction, as well as raising the girls. I have learned that I can't "keep" Chris, or my son, from doing what they will do, but have to accept that I am powerless. So, my focus will remain on Jacob and the girls, for now.

So thanks for all your support, hope and prayers.

Love to all!

3 comments:

lmt1073 said...

Hope this finds your week starting off well. Glad to see you were in somewhat better spirits in this post. Remember, you're always in my prayers and so are the kiddos.. all of them!

beck2listen said...

Thanks so much!! I hope things are going well for you, too.

I'm finding that anger makes it much easier to help with moving on from HIM, but I still have my moments....and his lies just keep multiplying. There are days when I wish that he would just disappear from my life for good....and if not for the girls, I could gladly make that happen....but, alas...the irony...

Take care..
XOXO

Lisa Nix said...

very good post..very good advice