Friday, December 19, 2008

Actions Speak Louder Than Words



The older I get the more I experience how true the old adage "Actions speak louder than words," is. I've found that not only do they speak louder than words, but they hurt more, as well.

Then there's the one, "Ignorance is blind."

Have you ever loved someone to the point where you gave up most, if not all, of yourself to take on their problems? Well, maybe it's just me....but, I doubt as much.

In doing this the only thing I regret is that I cannot fix those problems, try as I may, nor can I make them go away. Nor can I fix the pain they've caused, or make it go away, and everyday I am reminded of the injury, as insult is added over and over.

So, wherein lies the forgiveness? If you bear the injury and every day a knife is inserted and turned, to where there is no possible way of healing, then where do you start the healing process. And maybe the other adage is true..."Only HE can forgive."

I pray for a deeper understanding of how to begin this healing process, because maybe in that lies my salvation. But, what if the salvation only comes from cutting the tumor out of the scar and thus, hurting not just yourself, or the one you love, but the little people who depend on you and are innocent in all the treachery and deceitfullness.

This my dear friends is what I struggle with everyday and by writing it down and reading it over and over, maybe I can find some deeper meaning and understanding that I have thus far not been able to reach.



2 comments:

lmt1073 said...

I am praying for you. I know that times are difficult and I feel you being strong for everyone involved, but remember yourself as well. You are a great soul and God will see you through this. Always remember I'm here to listen!

beck2listen said...

Thanks so much!! And same goes here....don't forget that!

And please don't ever doubt how truly great you are...sometimes we lose sight of the most important things, ourselves.

And without us being strong and happy, how can the one's who count on us be?

HUGS & KISSES!!