Monday, December 22, 2008





I have to admit that I usually dread going to Luling, Texas, but this past weekend was a very nice surprise. We got to spend most of the day (it was later than we expected when we finally got there) with Heidi and we went to Seguin to take pictures. After a long and tedious photo shoot, where Ethan was being "uncooperative," as Heidi so lovingly pointed out..LOL..we went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream.




Chris got to spend some one-on-one time with Heidi and Ethan in the game arcade at Wal-Mart while I was looking at, and purchasing, the pictures.




Then we had a great visit with Kristie and Bud, at the end of the evening. Those two are very special and always make me laugh.

Yesterday we went to Aaron and Karrie's for the family Christmas festivities. Andy and his crew were late, as usual...LOL..glad I'm not the only one known for that trait, but a good time was had by all. It's always nice to get to spend time with Net and the family..especially with all the good food and merriment. Although, we did miss having Heidi and my daughter, Brittany, there, they were in our thoughts and hearts. I wore my beautiful necklace that Heidi made, and gave, to me the night before. Which I have been wearing ever since.




Ethan helped me make pies to take over to Aaron and Karrie's Sunday morning and approved both to his liking. He didn't care much about eating the food, but was very concerned about the chocolate and pumpkin pies we made..LOL...




Now I not only have Christmas to look forward to in a couple of days, but the weekend, as well, when my daughter and I will be spending the day together for Christmas.


3 comments:

lmt1073 said...

wow! Heidi looks so much like Chris it's scary!!! Glad you had a nice visit and I know it did everyone good for the family to be together. I hope that the days ahead are filled with much joy for you and know that as i'm watching my house full open gifts on Christmas morning I will be thinking of my dear friend in Houston who deserves the moon and stars!

beck2listen said...

Awwww...thanks, that's so sweet of you, and I must tell you that you deserve no less, my dear friend, no less.

Kristie Corpus said...

Great post! and I'm glad the weekend turned out better than you expected!