Friday, March 20, 2009

Jacob's Biological Father


Well, we just got the news that Jacob's biological father, Jack Carroll Sardelich, age 44, died on Tuesday, March 17th. We are not quite sure how. They think it was from Pneumonia, and he was working in Africa, at the time.

To say that Jacob is torn up and confused, is an understatement. Jack gave his rights up to Jacob, for Doug to adopt him, about 7 years ago and has never looked back. What do I tell him to comfort him?

I have explained that he has nothing to regret, and that Jack made his peace with it a long time ago, and that he should now, too. He says that he took for granted that he could go and see him when he turned 18 and was putting it off until then. They spoke briefly, by email, about a year ago, and Jacob felt "weird" about it and stopped. He says that maybe Jack felt he was angry with him.

I told him, no. That if anything, Jack was lucky to have had him touch his life, if ever so briefly, and that he took the time to talk to him, even by email, when he did.

My heart breaks for my son, for Jack's widow, and his four (4) boys they had together. The picture above was taken a few years ago, and that is Jack with three of his four boys, on the four-wheeler. Sadly, I do not have any pics of Jacob and Jack on the computer, which is what I would've preferred to put up.

Please just keep them all in your prayers...thanks!

3 comments:

Lisa Nix said...

I am so sorry Becky. I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

lmt1073 said...

You and Jacob have my deepest sympathies.

beck2listen said...

Thanks so much ladies! I think he is finally coming to terms with it...maybe he just felt he didn't have closure.